We offer PAT “Portable Appliance Test” for all make and model of Floor cleaning including carpet cleaning machines. We understand that it is very important for our clients to keep their cleaning machines tested for safety.
A full report will be provided after each PAT test carried out.
PAT testing is to help you meet your Health and Safety Requirements
What is a Portable Appliance?
Portable equipment which is not part of a fixed installation but when used is connected to a fixed installation (or a generator), by means of a flexible cable, plug and socket constitutes a portable appliance. It includes equipment that is hand held or hand operated while connected to the power supply. It also includes extension leads, power leads, plugs and sockets, and cord sets that supply portable equipment and are not part of the Fixed installation, since they operate in the same environment and are subject to similar use as the equipment they serve.
For what reason is a Portable Appliance test needed?
- To make sure your portable cleaning machine is safe to use
- To make sure your company meets the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- To make sure your Insurance is valid.
- To meet Health & Safety requirements
- To meet the requirements stated in The Electricity at Work Regulations
What does the pat testing engineer do when testing?
The engineer does a formal visual inspection and an electrical test.
The formal visual inspection part checks for the following
- Is the appliance in general good condition and suitable for the use.
- The appliance is it working? (Function test)
- The lead is it in good condition and safe?
- Is it free from damage and nicks or cuts which could cause injury?
- Is the cable fitted properly to the plug?
- Does it switch on and off properly to allow you to isolate the power if needed?
- Is there any damage to the external parts?
- Is the correct fuse fitted? We check the rating
Are there any signs of internal damage or signs of tampering?
If you have any queries or would like to request more information please Contact Us